Beacon emphasizes "solution-focused" treatment through individual, family, and group counseling. Whether someone seeks help individually, with a spouse, as an entire family, or in a group setting, the professional staff at Beacon can be of great assistance. We provide the following services for adults:
- Medication Management
- Psychological Testing
- Vocational Programming
- Community Employment Services, including interview and job skills development, job placement, and job retention supports, vocational counseling, career assessments, career exploration, and benefits consultations
- Elderly Services: PALS (Positive Aging through Linkage & Screening) is a new program to the Greater Toledo area that helps seniors learn about the symptoms and treatment of depression, and decrease their concerns about it. We provide depression screenings for seniors at local senior centers, and make referrals for treatment when appropriate.
Additionally, PALS helps caregivers and professionals working with seniors by holding seminars about depression and providing training to senior center staff.
- Case Management/Home-Based Services for adults who have a severe and persistent mental illness
- Deaf and hard-of-hearing expertise
- Information and referral to the Greater Toledo Self-Help Network
- Volunteer opportunities through our COMPEER program
So, whether you are in need of family counseling, are an individual dealing with a mental illness or a chemical dependency problem, or would like to volunteer to be a friend to someone that has a mental illness, call us. We can help.